Useful Articles Assisting In Decision Making
- How can I verify a candidate’s current or past income when employment verifications don’t release salary?
- Online Databases: What is falling through the cracks?
- Batch Ordering available for employment, tenant or creditor-related consumer reports
- So-Called “Free” Background Screening
- How far back does a criminal record check go?
- Differences between Federal and National Criminal Reports
- Know what employers CAN and CAN'T find out about applicants!
- The More You Know...Drug Testing
- 10 Commonly Asked Questions About Employment Screening
- Utilize Our Online Background Check Reports So You Can Better Protect Your Business!
- Employment Screening Adverse Action
- Using Reports - Landlords and Property Managers
- How can you find previous addresses or counties without asking the applicant to write them down? The answer may be simpler than you think.
- Tenant Screening – Why you will now want eviction reports
- Why do background screening companies use court documents instead of social media or Google to perform their screens?
- Dealing with Prescription Drug Use in the Workplace
How can I verify a candidate’s current or past income when employment verifications don’t release salary?Whether you are running a pre-employment screening or a tenant background check, you will probably find that it is important for you to know what your applicant’s salary or income is. For employers, it is good to know how past companies valued your applicant, and if you are offering a competitive rate. For apartments, property managers, landlords, or creditors, it is very important for you know how much your applicant’s income is before you make an offer; otherwise, how can you ensure they will pay their rent or debt to you? READ MORE
Who can do it, how does it work, and what is the cost?If you order a high volume of employment, tenant, or creditor-related consumer reports on a daily, weekly, monthly or even annual basis, batch ordering may be something that has crossed your mind. Whether it is 10 reports you are ordering or 100, attaching all authorization and application files to an e-mail or sending them through a fax machine and then waiting for the reports to be completed on your InstaScreen user interface can be frustrating – especially if you are on a time crunch. READ MORE
How your company is losing money by employing a drug abuser:
- The medical costs of an employee that uses drugs is 300% higher which increases insurance rates –(US Chamber of Commerce)
- Worker’s Comp claims are 5 times more likely to be filed by drug users – (US Dept of Labor)
- Roughly 30% - 50% of all Workers Comp claims are related to drug abuse in the work place – (US Dept of Labor)
- Drug Abuse/Addiction will likely cause an employee to only function at about 67% of his/her capacity – (National Institute on Drug Addiction)
- On average a drug abusing employee is 3 times more likely to be tardy to their shift and have an absentee rate of 30-35 days per year – (US Dept of Labor) READ MORE
- Why is there not a score on the credit report?
Employment Credit Reports contain consumer identifiers, address information, employment information, other names used, public record information, and credit history showing how financial obligations are handled. There is not a credit score because it is illegal for a credit score to be provided for employment purposes.
- Why does it take up to 3 days for employment verifications?
Employment verifications are done by phone, fax, or email and does require a response from current/previous employer. We will attempt to make contact to obtain information for at least 3 business days. READ MORE
How can you find previous addresses or counties without asking the applicant to write them down? The answer may be simpler than you think.If you’re an employer or landlord with some applicant-screening savvy, you’ll know that county criminal reports are the most accurate and up-to-date records of criminal history that you can find. While county criminal reports may take a few business days to complete, the non-instant turnaround time is compensated for by the detail and precision of information found on the record. READ MORE
Why do background screening companies use court documents instead of social media or Google to perform their screens?Using entities like Facebook and Google can result in discrepancies between a person’sfactual history and the information provided online. Online records can also confuse the identiy of those who a background screening is being conducted on, as they may have common names or even have relatives in which they share a name with. READ MORE